| From the Archives |
Aug '98-June '99
Sept '97-July '98
June, July and Aug '97
Before June '97
Become a Booster
From The News Room
November 25, 2001
- Florida A&M (7-3) will meet Georgia Southern (10-1) in the first round of the NCAA Division I-AA Playoffs on Saturday December 1 in Statesboro, GA. The Rattlers earned an automatic bid by winning the MEAC regular season championship.
No other Black College team was selected by the NCAA Division I-AA Football Committee.
November 11, 2001
- Fort Valley State (8-2) has been awarded a bid to the NCAA Division II Football Playoffs. The Wildcats will face Valdosta State (11-0) in first round action, Saturday November 17 in Valdosta, GA.
No other Black College team was selected by the NCAA Division II Football Committee.
November 9, 2001
- CIAA Announces Football Players of the Year
- The Texas Southern-Southwestern Assemblies of God College football game scheduled for Thursday, November 15 has been cancelled by Southwestern. There will be no make-up date. TSU's final game of the season will take place, 7 p.m., Saturday, November 10 against Southern in the Reliant Astrodome.
November 5, 2001
- Saint Augustine's adds CIAA Volleyball Championship to Fall Sports Sweep
- Curtis Crockett has resigned as head football coach at Clark Atlanta University effective immediately. Crockett took over as head coach of the Panthers in the latter half of the 1991 season. Since that time, his record is 8-16.
CAU Athletics Director Brenda Edmond has appointed defensive coordinator Kevin Gray as interim head coach for the remainder of the season.