| From the Archives |
July '98-June '99
July '97-June '98
Before July '97
From The News Room
October 31, 2001
- SIAC Volleyball Tournament Tips off Thursday
October 30, 2001
- MEAC Announces Preseason Basketball Picks
South Carolina State picked to win men's race
Howard Lady Bison picked to repeat.
- Citing health concerns that have diminished his productivity, Virginia State University head football coach Lou Anderson has announced his retirement following this weekend's game against Bowie State. Anderson is a two-time CIAA Coach of the Year and has a 65-43 record in 11 seasons at VSU.
October 25, 2001
- Saint Augustine's sweeps CIAA Cross Country Championships
- Morehouse and Fort Valley take SIAC Cross Country Titles
October 23, 2001
- Albany State University to host 2001 SIAC volleyball championships
- The Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference will be holding its annual Baskeball Media Day on Tuesday, November 6, 2001 at the Sheraton Birmingham Hotel in downtown Birmingham.
Individual interviews will begin around 10:00 a.m. and will be followed by a luncheon at 12:00 p.m.
October 22, 2001
- CIAA decides to keep tournament in Raleigh
October 18, 2001
- Shaw Lady Bears clinch CIAA East Volleyball Title
- S.C. State to showcase renovated track
- The football game between Savannah State University and Bethune-Cookman College, scheduled for September 15, 2001 and postponed due to a tropical storm, has been officially canceled.
The game will not be rescheduled for this season.
October 12, 2001
- Central State homecoming to feature football game
- Bethune-Cookman vs. Hampton game time changed for TV
October 11, 2001
- Basketball Roundups:
CIAA and SWAC reveal Pre-season teams and Predicted Order of Finish for men's and women's basketball.
October 5, 2001
- Clark Atlanta to induct six into Hall of Fame
October 4, 2001
- Coppin State hires Kevin Paige as Athletics Communications Assistant
- Construction delays have caused Johnson C. Smith to move this weekend's game against Virginia Union. Rather than play in the Golden Bulls' new facility in Charlotte, the game will be played in Richmond at Hovey Field on the VUU campus.
Kickoff is set for 1:30 pm.
As a result of the move, JCSU won't get to play in its new stadium until 2002 at the earliest. The Golden Bulls will celebrate homecoming, October 13 against Livingstone at Charlotte's Memorial Stadium. JCSU will meet N.C. Central in the Carolinas Classic, November 4 in Ericsson Stadium, home of the NFL's Carolina Panthers.
October 2, 2001
- Winston-Salem State reestablishes Athletic Hall of Fame
- The football game between the Southern University Jaguars and the Prairie View A&M University Panthers, rescheduled for November 17th, will be played at 3:00 PM, instead of 7:00 PM. The decision to postpone the game originally was made by the SWAC Commissioner, along with the SWAC's Council of Presidents, who decided to postpone the game in accordance with other conferences in remembrance and respect of the tragedies in New York and Washington, DC on Tuesday, September 11th.
October 1, 2001
- Livingstone College Loses Starting Quarterback For The Season