https://direct.ad.cpe.dotomi.com/w/get.media?sid=5097&placement_id=7a59861b-54b1-4166-c067-b27cabcd4d55&vpaid=2&m=11
Google Custom Search

NORFOLK, VA, July 20, 2021 – Dr. Dennis E. Thomas, who has completed his 19th year as Commissioner of the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC), announced today that he is retiring in December. The Council of Presidents and Chancellors will conduct a national search for a successor, which will begin immediately. As the MEAC’s third full-time Commissioner, Thomas's leadership was instrumental in helping the conference ascend to national prominence on the athletic field and in the classroom.meac dennis thomas

“It has been an honor and a privilege to serve as Commissioner of the MEAC for almost 20 years,” said Thomas. “But first, I must pay homage to my parents, Russell and Marjorie Thomas for setting the direction, expectation and accountability for my brothers, sisters, and myself. Without their guidance, discipline, and unconditional love, I would dare to think the path I would have taken. The accomplishments and recognition achieved by the conference during this time could not have been possible without the incredible support of our member institutions and everyone associated with the MEAC. To the MEAC Staff, thank you for always working to make the MEAC better. By any objective measure, we have achieved that. I’d like to extend a special thank you and recognition to MEAC Chief of Staff, Chief Operating Officer & Senior Woman Administrator Sonja Stills, who has been with me since my first day as Commissioner. She has been loyal, a progressive thinker, student-athlete centric, creative, passionate and a consummate professional and a dear friend. I have no doubt that the MEAC and its member institutions will continue to do great things and I will always cherish the friendships and memories made during my time as Commissioner.”

s2smodern

Please consider supporting our work.

The pandemic has financial consequences, especially for Black-owned businesses. Ad revenue is shrinking so we are asking you directly for your financial support. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan or process your donation through Square