KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The National Association of Collegiate Women Athletics Administrators (NACWAA) has announced North Carolina Central University Director of Athletics Dr. Ingrid Wicker-McCree as the recipient of its 2014 NCAA Division I FCS Administrator of the Year Award.
A native of Durham, N.C., who is now in her 20th year at NCCU, Wicker-McCree was named the University’s first permanent female Director of Athletics in 2008 and has successfully transitioned NCCU from NCAA Division II to NCAA Division I FCS.
She will receive the award on Oct. 14 in Louisville, Ky., at the 2014 Administrator of the Year Luncheon in conjunction with the 35th Annual NACWAA National Convention. The Administrator of the Year Award is presented annually to NACWAA members for significant contributions made as athletics administrators.
"I am absolutely honored and thrilled about receiving this prestigious award,” said Wicker-McCree. “It is humbling to be recognized by your peers and the National Association of College Women Athletics Administrators (NACWAA) is a phenomenal organization of supportive women and men that serves as a vehicle to empower women to excel in the field of college athletics. I have a fantastic support group of family, friends and co-workers who allow me to make a difference in the lives of our student-athletes, and I look forward to continue serving our students and student-athletes in enhancing their experiences at NCCU.”
Seven other award winners from other levels of collegiate athletics will also be recognized at the Oct. 14 luncheon. Nominated by their peers and selected by the NACWAA Awards Committee for their service during 2013-14, the 2014 honorees are:
- NCAA Division I FBS: Jane Miller, Senior Associate Athletic Director/SWA, University of Virginia
- NCAA Division I FCS: Dr. Ingrid Wicker-McCree, Director of Athletics, North Carolina Central University
- NCAA Division I: Pat Meiser, Director of Athletics/Special Assistant to the President, University of Hartford
- NCAA Division II: Lindsay Reeves, Athletic Director, University of North Georgia
- NCAA Division III: Kim Blum, Interim Director of Athletics, University of Wisconsin - La Crosse
- NAIA/NJCAA/CC: Kelly Perry, Assistant Athletic Director - Compliance, Oklahoma City University
- Association/Organization: Bernadette McGlade, Commissioner, Atlantic 10 Conference
- Nell Jackson: Ann-Marie Guglieri, Senior Associate Director of Athletics/SWA, Colgate University