Google Custom Search

Virginia Union University's Felicia Johnson was recently selected to represent the Central Intercollegiate Athletic Assocation (CIAA) on the NCAA Division II Management Council. Johnson currently serves multiple roles at VUU including Associate Athletic Director, Senior Woman Administrator (SWA), and Director of Compliance.vuu felicia johnsonJohnson

"I am truly honored and look forward to representing the CIAA and my University to the best of my ability in this new leadership role. I am ecstatic about this appointment," said Johnson.

The Management Council reports directly to the Presidents Council and is charged with recommending administrative policy and regulations that govern the division. The Management Council reviews and acts on recommendations from the Division II committee structure and from Division II representatives to committees with Association-wide functions. The Council also is responsible for appointing Division II representatives to those committees. Johnson will serve on the NCAA Management Council for 4 years.

Johnson begins her 10th year as VUU's Associate Athletic Director/SWA/Dir. of Compliance. She joined the staff in July 2007 as Director of Compliance. Since then, she has been awarded additional responsibilities with the roles of SWA and Associate Athletic Director.

Currently, JOhnson is a member of the National Association of Collegiate Women Athletics Administrators (NACWAA) and the NCAA Division II Nominating Committee.

~ VUU Sports Information

s2smodern

Please consider supporting our work.

The pandemic has financial consequences, especially for Black-owned businesses. Ad revenue is shrinking so we are asking you directly for your financial support. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan or process your donation through Square