Google Custom Search

ETTRICK, Va.- Virginia State University Head Men's Basketball Coach Lonnie Blow, Jr. secured his 100th career win against his former employer, St. Augustine's University, on December 15 by a final score of 86-63.VSU MBB Lonnie Blow Jr 15Blow, Jr.

Blow came to VSU in 2013 from St. Augustine's with a 62-27 record. Since then, he has lead the Trojans to a current record of 38-23, 6-2 this season.

"It is a great feeling to earn such a major accomplishment in my career," said Blow. "This accomplishment is also attributed to the other people that I have worked with through my career to include assistant coaches and student-athletes. They all helped make it happen."

Although Blow earned the victory over his former team, he feels that it was just another game. "It is always great to go back and see familiar faces and players that you recruited, but when the ball goes up, you have to be ready to play hard," said Blow. "In any game that is played, you have to jump in and do your best!"

This notable win has added to a week of honors for Blow. In addition to the Trojans currently holding the highest CIAA men's basketball winning percentage of .750, Blow was also named CIAA Coach of the Week after taking down I-95 rival, Virginia Union University, on December 6.

s2smodern

Please consider supporting our work.

The pandemic has financial consequences, especially for Black-owned businesses. Ad revenue is shrinking so we are asking you directly for your financial support. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan or process your donation through Square

Cancellations3