Google Custom Search

Prairie View A&M University Director of Athletics Ashley Robinson announced today that head women's basketball coach Dawn Brown will not return next season.pvam logo2011

Brown finished with a 41-51 record in three seasons at Prairie View A&M. She led PVAMU to the 2014 SWAC Tournament Championship and NCAA Women's Basketball Division I Tournament. The Lady Panthers finished the 2015-16 season 13-15 overall and 9-9 in SWAC play.

Prior to being named head coach at PVAMU, Brown spent three seasons as the team's assistant coach.

In a statement published on Whoopdirt.com, Brown indicated that she intends to appeal her termination.

"Today, Prairie View A&M fired me because its investigation determined that [a] rule [regarding prohibition of non-professional relationships between individuals affiliated with our team] violated Title IX even though the same Title IX office that conducted the investigation helped me draft the rule two years ago.  Clearly, I feel betrayed and unjustly penalized by this action.

Despite today’s events I remain hopeful because I know that God has a plan for me and my family. I look forward to continuing my coaching career and serving as a positive influence for young women on and off the court again in the near future."

s2smodern

Please consider supporting our work.

Some news outlets have begun to limit access to their content (X number of articles per month, etc). Ad revenue isn't enough so we are asking you directly for your financial support. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan or process your donation through PayPal below