Google Custom Search

Prairie View A&M University Director of Athletics Ashley Robinson announced today that head women's basketball coach Dawn Brown will not return next season.pvam logo2011

Brown finished with a 41-51 record in three seasons at Prairie View A&M. She led PVAMU to the 2014 SWAC Tournament Championship and NCAA Women's Basketball Division I Tournament. The Lady Panthers finished the 2015-16 season 13-15 overall and 9-9 in SWAC play.

Prior to being named head coach at PVAMU, Brown spent three seasons as the team's assistant coach.

In a statement published on Whoopdirt.com, Brown indicated that she intends to appeal her termination.

"Today, Prairie View A&M fired me because its investigation determined that [a] rule [regarding prohibition of non-professional relationships between individuals affiliated with our team] violated Title IX even though the same Title IX office that conducted the investigation helped me draft the rule two years ago.  Clearly, I feel betrayed and unjustly penalized by this action.

Despite today’s events I remain hopeful because I know that God has a plan for me and my family. I look forward to continuing my coaching career and serving as a positive influence for young women on and off the court again in the near future."

s2smodern

Please consider supporting our work.

The pandemic has financial consequences, especially for Black-owned businesses.. Ad revenue is shrinking so we are asking you directly for your financial support. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan or process your donation through Square

Cancellations3